• Español
  • English

Can I Get Worker’s Compensation With A Fake Social Security Number?

Undocumented, Injured On the Job, And Need Worker’s Compensation? 

What undocumented Florida workers need to understand is that:

  • Medical care and payment for lost wages, if an injury occurs while on the job, through Worker’s Compensation is possible.
  • No law in Florida requires an injured worker provide a social security number to obtain Worker’s Compensation benefits.
  • Filing a Workers’ Compensation claim using false identification is a crime.
  • Any person who knowingly provides false information to obtain Worker’s Compensation benefits is committing a crime. 

Don’t WRITEfake social security number on anything related to your claim for benefits

  • Like an intake form at the doctor’s office. Just because they ask does not mean you have to give a social. 

Don’t SAY a fake social security number

  • Like while speaking with the Worker’s Compensation insurance agent (especially if it’s recorded). 
Doesn’t matter how bad it is. They don’t care about you. They try to cut costs.
  • Florida Worker’s Compensation Insurance companies (“Insurers”) have used the law to deny workers benefits after serious workplace injuries. 
  • In an attempt to deny a claim, most employers in Florida will only attempt to verify employee information following a workplace injury. Despite that most require applicants to complete forms to verify their identity.
  • In an attempt to have worker’s arrested, there are private investigation firms hired by insurance carriers to investigate injured workers.

If you are injured on the job, illegal, and thinking of filing a Worker’s Compensation claim with information that you know is fake, please speak with an attorney regarding your rights. AyudaCon.com is not a law firm and we do not give legal advice, but we can provide referrals for attorneys in your area, licensed in your state. 

The below information is intended for informative purposes only and is not legal advice. For advice on your specific situation, please contact an experienced Worker’s Compensation attorney in your state.