What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is one of the largest government programs offering public health insurance to cover medical services to some of the most vulnerable citizens, including children, senior citizens, and individuals determined disabled by the Social Security Administration. This program is funded through your state and the federal government.
Depending on your state, some services Medicaid may cover are:
- Regularly scheduled health checkups, dental screenings, immunizations and other medical services for children.
- Prenatal care for pregnant women
- Emergency Medical Assistance for Non-Citizens
- Long-term care services in a nursing home or community setting
- Help with the cost of Prescribed Medications
Again, this is only a brief list of services that may be available to you. Medicaid coverage is specifically determined by your state. If you or someone you know has questions about Medicaid, keep in mind that HelpWith.com specializes in the eligibility, application, and the maintenance of Medicaid benefits. Contact us to see how we can be of service.